Two Playwickian editors winners of 2014 Scholastic Keystone Press Awards

Two outstanding Playwickian writers and editorial board are winners of the prestigious 2014 Scholastic Keystone Press Awards

LANGHORNE, Pa. (February 21, 2014) – For the second consecutive year, two outstanding Playwickian writers from Neshaminy High School are among the winners of the prestigious 2014 Scholastic Keystone Press Awards contest sponsored by the Pennsylvania Newspaper Association.

Op-Ed editors junior Jackson Haines and senior Emily Scott swept the Editorial Category capturing all three awards.

Haines and the editorial board received First Place for the article “Why we won’t publish the R-word.” Scott was honored with Second Place for “How the media stole Christmas” and “The importance of our First Amendment.” All three award-winning articles can be found on www.playwickian.com

“After all of their hard work this year, Jackson and Emily deserve to be recognized as the top student editorial writers in the state,” Playwickian Adviser Tara Huber said. “This impressive award brings an immense amount of pride to The Playwickian newspaper and the Neshaminy community at large.”

Haines and Scott will be honored at the Awards Luncheon on Wednesday April 2, 2014 at the America East Newspaper Operations and Technology Conference at the Hershey Lodge in Hershey, Pa.

In 2013, sophomore Eishna Ranganathan received Second Place in General News Category for her article “National Honor Society hosts another successful blood drive” and junior Gillian McGoldrick received honorable mention in the Feature Story Category for her article “Neshaminy’s own internet sensation.”