Sports announcer pays visit to Neshaminy

By Emily Scott
Business and Op-Ed Editor

Sports radio announcer Merrill Reese paid a visit to Neshaminy High School on Dec. 7, to congratulate the Girls’ Varsity Soccer team on winning State Championships and to wish the Varsity Football team luck in their semi-finals game to St. Joe’s Prep.
The visit was a live broadcast on WBCB 1490 AM radio, a local station based out of Levittown, Pennsylvania that includes news, talk, music and sports. Joined with Reese was WBCB 1490 Program and Sports Director, Matt Mirro.
The girls’ soccer historical win was the first topic discussed. It featured guest commentary from senior players Katie Suchodolski and Stephanie Donahue as well their coach, Rachel Clemens.
Then, Varsity Football coach Mark Schmidt joined the talk to discuss the successful season thus far of the team. Plenty of jokes were made on any special preparations the boys take to prepare themselves for the games such as “chewing on razor blades” said Mirro.
Senior players such as Trokon Buesmaill, Luke Carrezola, Dan Johnson and Denny Lord spoke on the broadcast for a brief time as well.
“It was amazing talking to the guy I listen to every Sunday on the radio interview me,” Johnson said. The boys talked about how excited they were of their success this year and where the key to their success stemmed from.
“Since day one, I’ve know this was going to be a good season because of the hard work they have all put in, “Schmidt said.
Merrill Reese was pleased to visit Neshaminy and see the mass of support the sports teams receive.
“It was a great time…. We always enjoy broadcasting. It was great being able to congratulate girls’
Soccer and root for Neshaminy,” Reese said.