Neshaminy publications win gold medal from PSPA

For Immediate Release

All three Neshaminy High School publications receive awards from the Pennsylvania School Press Association
LANGHORNE, Pa. (October 31, 2013) – Congratulations to the 2012-2013 editors, photographers and staff writers of Howler, The Playwickian and The Neshaminy Yearbook for receiving the Pennsylvania School Press Association Gold Award and the yearbook for receiving the Pennsylvania School Press Association Silver Award.
The PSPA judge, Carol Kazmierczak, praised Howler literary magazine: “Your magazine is lively and has a creative tone. Beautifully done.”

The judge continued to remark, “Your magazine shows a meticulous eye for detail! Bravo!” Continuing her praise of Neshaminy’s Gold Ranked Magazine, she further stated, “Cover is trendy and fun; I am sure it was popular with students” and that the “Art and photography selections are beautifully presented and pair well with literary examples!” Christopher DiCicco and Dan Luongo advised the literary magazine last year.

The Playwickian newspaper staff, advised by veteran Tara Huber, was recognized for regularly looking beyond the campus for issues of concern to students. “You are not afraid to write about the hard and sensitive issues. You take risks on editorial pages – bravo!” The judge continued, “Nice job on social media presence. You did a great service to your readers. You also included Howler material. All great ways to provide coverage.”

The yearbook, under the guidance of Dan Luongo received the honor of a Silver Award.
This is the second year all three publications were submitted for evaluation.