College Fair returns to Neshaminy

By Shannon Byrne
Special Features Editor

On Monday, Sept. 23, Neshaminy High School had its 2nd annual College Fair, hosted by the National Honor Society and adviser Kim Kelley. At 6:30 pm before the hordes of students, accompanied by their parents, were allowed to browse their academic options they were directed into the auditorium for a panel.

This panel was composed of representatives from Temple University, Le Salle University, Michigan State University, Ursinus College, and even Ivy League schools like Johns Hopkins and Harvard. They were introduced by National Honors Society president, Jasmine Tharakan.

The representatives spoke about topics such as financial aid, admissions policies, deadlines, and essay and application requirements.

The students made their way to Main Street from the auditorium, where numerous colleges had set up tables full of endless amounts of information concerning things like, cultural, financial, and admission information. Intricate designs illustrated set-ups from schools like Rutgers, Bloomsburg, Shippensburg and West Chester, to name a few.

When asked about the success of the fair, Tharakan said, “I thought it was very successful. The representatives were impressed with the level of interest our students showed. The National Honors Society is proud to represent such a motivated and engaged student body.”