Football snaps two-game losing streak, advances to 3-2

By Jon Mettus
Editor-In-Chief

The Neshaminy Redskins won their third game of the season last Friday, defeating the Harry S. Truman Tigers 48-13. The win snapped the Redskins’ two-game losing streak.

The Tigers had to punt on the first drive of the night, but the ball bounced off a Redskin defender keeping the Tigers’ drive alive. The Tigers seemed poised to capitalize on the opportunity, making it all the way to the ’Skins 24-yard line; however, they turned the ball over on downs.

From then on the game was all Neshaminy. Nate Hall capped the ’Skins’ first drive with a 15-yard touchdown run, putting them up 7-0. On their next drive the Redskins scored on a 47-yard pass from Hugh Hart to Justin Andrews.

After Truman failed to convert a fourth down fake-punt try, the Redskins scored on the very next play, by way of a 26-yard touchdown run. The Tigers showed some life on their next drive, scoring on a 60-yard touchdown run by Bobby Hill.

However, all was for not as Devon Brown put Neshaminy up 28-7 with a 16-yard touchdown run on the following drive. With 15 seconds left to go in the half, Redskins kicker Nick Tucci slipped on a 42-yard field goal attempt leaving the score at 28-7 going into halftime.

Following a lightning delay, Hall scored on the first play from scrimmage of the second half, a nearly 60-yard touchdown run.The Redskins went on to score two more touchdowns in the game. Nate Hall ran it in from five yards out and Matt Magdelinskas ended the scoring for the night with a two-yard touchdown run.

The Redskins take on Council Rock North next Friday, Oct. 5 at 7 p.m. for their homecoming game.