“Rumors” Drama Show

Maddy Buffardi
Student Life Editor

Neshaminy’s Drama Club presented their show “Rumors” Sept. 19 through the 22. The cast included, Colin Bonner, Leah Dando, Sean Devonshire, Johnny Gallagher, Kaitlyn Jones, Harris Rothfeld, Emily Tolnay, Geena Toscano, Ali Urusow, Paige Walsh.

The show was a dramatic comedy about an attempted suicide turned scandal involving four families. The hosts of the party were well known in the community and the guests that found the host who attempted to take his own life decided to keep the whole thing a secret.

Throughout the production, families begin to figure out that something odd is going on, all the guests are trying to keep up the ruse that everything is fine. The families have a lot of difficulty cooperating with each other or coming to any kind of decision.

At the very end of the show the police show up at the house and everyone has to come together so that no one gets a bad reputation from the whole situation. The ending caught the audience by surprise.

Rumors was preformed once before, in 2004. The original cast attended the show this year. “It was really cool to have the original cast come,” senior Kaitlyn Jones said.

The Drama Club worked all through the summer. Being so close so often really creates a sense of family for the members of the Drama Club. “We are a big family, I spend most of my time with them, more time then I do with my actual family.” Jones said. The next Drama production is the annual Halloween show called, Spooky and Kooky.